rss

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Of Poker

So, I played texas hold'em with my friends today. During one of the hands, I was dealt Ace club and 10 club. 

+

The flop revealed J club, Q club and another card which I can't remember. So, at this point of time, I have a Flush draw which means that I'm waiting for another club to form a Flush.

Flop: + + another card which I can't rem

The turn was an 8 club. I've got a Flush. At this point, there are already 3 clubs on the table so there is high chance that someone else also drew a Flush or Flush draw. And it turned out that I was right. Player on my right (let's call him Player A) has a outside straight draw while the player on my left (Player B) has a flush draw. So the pot was growing to a decent amount of money.

Turn:

Now, guess what. The river card was........ a King Club!!!!... I've got ROYAL FLUSH!! At the same time, Player A has got his Straight while Player B has also a Flush!!

River:
ROYAL FLUSH:


Do you know what are the odds of getting a Royal Flush? There are only 4 possible hands in 2,598,960 or 1 in 649,740! Naturally, I went ALL-IN on the River and won Player A and Player B.

Hehehe, Damn lucky right?


 

Blogs Worth Reading

Digg

Followers