rss

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Of Manager sprayed air freshener at breast-feeding mum

First he peeped into the changing room, then he complained of about the smell of her breast milk.

‘I closed the curtain as far as possible, and my baby immediately cried, so I sat down to feed her,’ she said. ‘This never takes more than a couple of minutes, there was another changing room available, and there was only one other customer in the shop.’
However, Mrs Baker realised that ‘a man with multiple facial piercings’ – whom she later learned was manager Steve Symonds – was watching her through the side of the curtain. 
The man said loudly: ‘Changing rooms aren’t for breast-feeding.’ 
Despite this, she finished feeding Elsie and was browsing for shoes in the shop when Mr Symonds began spraying air freshener. 
‘My baby started to cry,’ she said. ‘When another customer suggested it was from the strong smell of the spray, the manager said very loudly, “I have to spray because your breast milk stinks”.
‘Shocked and indignant, I complained, including asking why he felt it was appropriate to look into changing rooms.
‘He was insistent that he needed to look because he was the manager, and that I should not feed my baby in his store.’
Mind’s area manager, Lindsay McBryne, who was also in the shop, supported Mr Symonds and said changing rooms were ‘for trying on clothes, not for other purposes’.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255257/Manager-sprayed-air-freshener-I-started-breast-feeding-charity-shop.html#ixzz0hBKVb5nG

Blogs Worth Reading

Digg

Followers